Ban the eyelander?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lance Cocuski Ω, Feb 19, 2017.

?

Ban The eyelander?

1. Yes

7.7%
  2. No

84.6%
  3. Id rather rebalance it then ban it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Im neutral

7.7%
  1. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Lance Cocuski Ω Well-Known Member Former Staff

Being a demoman main myself, this weapon is infact a favorite of mine to use in pubs but i dont see it as ideal for jailbreak. Here are my main reasons why.

The weapon does infact reward killing, and it encorages the player to collect heads. This in my opinion not good in the sense that the guard/warden would be trigger happy, and this leads to accidental freekill etc.

On a balancing point, You already have 100% crits, with the extra melee range, and bonus movement speed. And since the demoman has a shotgun, he becomes unstoppable, making rebelling no fun.

Going against the demoman with is weapon on jailbreak is far exceeding a challenge, not even scouts can outrun a demoman with 4 heads, which are of no mean hard to collect. Every time anyone has chances of rebelling, no matter what class i've been, its just immediately becomes null void.

Boots/grenade launcher, shotgun, eyelander; with this loadout, your pretty much unstoppable, you have a ranged attack that has dangerous damage, and a melee weapon that provides more health than a soldier, and more movement speed than a scout.

In standard gameplay, the eyelander is a weapon that takes away health in the begging, so your much more vulnerable to damage until you rack up your heads. If your skilled enough to survive your reward if more protection from all the damage said enemy team comes at you with. But in this situation, its far from it.

2. Festive Michael Rosen
    Dr Schlong

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Oh wow, you were really serious about this huh? I thought you were talking mad shit when you went on a rant about how the Eyelander shouldn't be allowed

3. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

Nah, I mean when there's even classes like the soldier whose rockets literally one hit you, and you may say he has no speed, It's literally a one hit kill. While yeah the eyelander is op honestly I haven't seen it been used to how you describe it in a way, and I don't think many players are gonna do that. That's all, yell at me if you want.

4. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Your serious right? lol

Im open to opinions falcon, dont worry

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. WBiddy
    Meh

WBiddy Wanna be survivalists Former Staff

By this logic you should ban the air strike because I can have a bigger Clip size or BFB and the Ubersaw. See where I am going with this

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Falcon
    Wishful

No not really...

7. WBiddy
    Meh

And how do you not please tell me I will explain

8. Falcon
    Wishful

Cuz ur biddy :3

• much confused doge much confused doge x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Im bumping this thread

10. DoctorDingDong
    Pacman

DoctorDingDong Supreme Donger Lord Staff Member JailBreak Admin

By this logic, we might as well ban every weapon. Any weapon could be strange or killstreak which would also, "reward killing". And, "not even scouts can outrun a demoman with 4 heads". Wrong. It takes 6 heads for a demoman to be faster than a scout and even then, it is only 5 percent faster. And like Falcon says, I have never seen a demoman chase after a scout(or any rebeller for that matter) with the dang eyelander or any melee. Demoman is only faster than the heavy and soldier. I don't see these two classes rebelling much and when I do then they are also using speed buffed weapons such as the disciplinary action. There are so many other classes and weapons that harder to rebel against. The demoman and the eyelander should be the least of anyone's worries.

Sounds to me like there was one dude using this weapon to his advantage and you got salty and decided to make a thread to ban this so called "Over Powered" weapon. There are so many other weapons you could have put in this thread with far better reasoning and logic behind your case. All in all, there is not enough here to make this weapon banworthy.

11. SpammKawG
    Educated

SpammKawG Well-Known Member Former Staff

In my opinion, The eyelander doesent need to be banned at all. Sure it can gain extra movement because of it reward on kill, but I rarely see it being used on both sides. On playing the server I can assume that the player count on red using the demo with an eyelander is 0 - 2 out of 17, while on blu is pretty plain cause of fear or using the charge by accident that can result in a guard ban or stickies that I dont know if it changed to a shotgun while, the help with the extra melee range it helps hit the blus who tend to make reds forcebait by getting close to them, but not in a melee range as this can prevent more baits. All in all this is my opinion, now if you excuse me I will be stuck in a room with papers and my last sanity

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WBiddy
    Meh

Really not many people play demo except like Red cause he has a Unusual.
    But what Ding Dong and SpammkawG

13. RedTF2
    In-Love

RedTF2 regnam Staff Member JailBreak Admin Sr. JailBreak Trainer

I only play demo for the bottle

14. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Former Staff

Why ban the eyelander? there is no reason to "Ban" the weapon, yes theres extra health and movement speed after each kill, i say that because that:
    -The demoman cannot charge
    -the demoman cannot use stickies
    - the demoman cannot use his grenade launcher in front of the non-rebelling enemies
    I think this should not be banned, the eyelander should be good to chase down rebellers and give them extra health just in case because, they cannot use any guns (Besides the stock shotgun, witch is glitchy).

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Valias
    Spaced

Make it no fun?? Kidding?? There is a way to make it fun
    Let someone taunt the demo while the other one hits him with a ball or just hits him
    True in default speed but have you tried the baby face blaster ? It probably has the same speed or maybe more speed than the 5 kill demo
    And or get the speed from solider (make it a combo though) yes its a few seconds but its still worth it
    In my opinion, it don't matter if, its still a kill no matter what.

16. WBiddy
    Meh

Unstoppable.... Not really I could easily go medic and pocket someone to kill the demo. I can use Stock or kritzkrieg. I have said this before but it shouldn't be banned TBH.itmight be hard to kill but not impossible

17. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Ive sucessfully stunned a demoman with the sandman many times in a row, and he still runs me down. Yes the baby face blaster might be a good counter, but thats if you dont die to the demoman your trying to counter before you get ammo first because he will 3 out of 4 times run you down. lol

Of course a kill is a kill, but in the Eyelander's case its power, that gradually gets harder to deal with.

18. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

The weapon itself is infact not whats making it broken, its the edits the gamemode makes that makes it broken. The weapon has no random crits, and only gets crits via charging, this is nullified on blu team. The demoman usually does not have a shotgun, so once the demoman collect his heads, he becomes a tanky scout basically. So to summarize, there is a reason why i added a vote option to rebalance the weapon, because to my knowledge we cant get rid of the other pieces. So if this is infact a broken weapon, not just from my own point of view, we would have to rework the mechanics or just ban it.

I wanted to bear in mind the fact that, we cant remove crits, not can we remove the shotgun inplace of the sticky bomb launcher, so the eyelander is the one in the corner with its stats no longer nerfed like valve intended. Pardon the fact that i might have gotten the head count wrong, could have sworn its four, but the movement speed is infact still very fast.

As for me being salty for getting being destroyed by it, i could really just be that immature and make a thread to ban the sniper rifle or the minigun, because i die ALOT more to that. But i made the thread for a open debate too, since it dosent help to be one sided. I do get what your saying, since there are a few other "trigger happy" weapons, The Bazaar bargain, which provides faster charge time (useless for jailbreak since you do flat 150 dmg anyways in my opinion) And the Airstrike, that provides a bigger ammo clip for spamming shots etc. These too infact reward killing with more than just points on the score board, and would motivate people to kill more, but that dosent mean everyone is gonna just up and freekill or somthing with them. Its just out of all of them, ive used the eyelander the most, so im familiar with the bonuses the most.

19. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Respectfully, ive seen alot of no's most of all, so i might not have looked at the full picture. But i am curious, how many of you have used the eyelander, or went up against it on jailbreak? My opinion has been out of at least twenty games of going up against the eyelander, so perhaps i havent been seeing the full picture because of that. Because granted all ive seen is rounds ending fast with demoman in persuit.

20. Valias
    Spaced

There is still ways, Try 2-3 scouts with balls, maybe that might help.
    Its strategy , if one fails, try another idea

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  21. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Well teamwork is always a good counter for dealing with one player. Most deaths with this weapon that ive witnessed are 1v1, which happen alot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Festive Michael Rosen
    Dr Schlong

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Honestly, your claim loses some merit when it started because you got salty when I killed you a couple of times with it.....:/

23. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

The few times i died, it wasnt just to you, it was 4 users lol

Live Thread addon by sonnb