Dark's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Dark, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Dark
    Bored

Dark Well-Known Member MineCraft Admin JailBreak Mod

State and Country (not city):
    MO - USA

Primary Language: English

Favorite Pizza Topping: Cheese/Sausage/Pepperoni

Servers: Jailbreak Servers // Stats are down, but my link should be HERE

Time Zone: CST
    (Summer Schedule)
    All Days:
    10AM - Midnight**

Admin Experience:

Mod - IdleServer (Current)
    I also had setup and tried to have my own server but it did not really go anywhere.

Additional Information: Yea I know I am younger that the age limit but I am decently experienced with linux, sourcemod, and tf2 servers. I have been on IdleServer for a decent amount of time now and part of the time I have been a JailBreak Moderator. In my time on Idle I have met some interesting people and some of them turned out to become good friends. One of the other reasons I am applying is because not all of the admins are active and I feel like Idle needs another active admin.

Motivations
    There are a main few reasons I am applying for admin. SourceMod is an essential part to all Source servers if they are running plugins, and I feel like I am decently experienced with it. Another reason I am applying is because I want to help show that the IdleServer Admin Team is really active and constantly watching the servers. Possibly in the future after I learn SourcePawn and how to make plugins for SourceMod I want to try and help out the servers on the backend side of things. Anothe reason I want to become an Admin is because its now summer and that means school is out so there will be more people on the servers then normal, so we could use a few more admins and possibly mods to keep up with the summer rush. My Final reason is that IdleServer is the only TF2 Server that I genuinely like playing and spending my time on, all the other servers I have been on have not really interested or stood out to me.

After I become an admin I'm not really sure what I would do in the time passing. One of my main ideas is that I might start my own TF2 Server far into the future after I get a bunch more experience on Idle. Another Idea is that I stay with Idle for as long as I can and just constantly help out the servers in anyway I can. (Leaning toward the 2nd one)

Name the Director of the Admin: Hyro

Vouchers: @Jimmy The Lost Sperm, @Falcon, @Ace, @qminegod, @Optimist, @Luke Romo, @WBiddy, @Valias, @Zaeed Massani, @sig, Troxi, @Sky_Klokwork @Fancy @Mellow Yellow

**Schedule will change depending on when I work.

Edited #1: Add Motivations and a bit more // Probably will edit later on if I feel like I need more to add.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Support for Staff(Upvote) Support for Staff(Upvote) x 6
    • Do Not Support for Staff(Down Vote) Do Not Support for Staff(Down Vote) x 4
    • Potential Potential x 2
  2. Doc Holiday Punch
    Question

Doc Holiday Punch Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I do not support your admin application only due to the fact that your motivations are unclear. While a lot of admins are inactive, or playing other games, there doesn't seem to be a need for any more. Nightly is fickle in his time but he puts in the hours, and Red is constantly on.
    Those are the only admins that I remembered. (valias, benji etc etc i forgot those in the initial post, though i dont see them on either)
    If there is another reason to you becoming an admin I still may not even support you only because of the fact that your impact to the community has been minimal in my perspective.

Note that this is not a personal attack to your character only your career.

PS
    I gotta ask what coding languages are you familiar with? I dont think linux, and sourcemod are any? Unless SourceMod is a language I dont know of. Linux is an OS.

PPS You make a great mod, I just don't see you doing anything else on admin.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

True? But there’s other reasons why I rarely come on which is work, I also don’t see you on when I’m on, maybe I just come on in different times but I guess it depends the time schedule

Also for now I’ll support this application even though I don’t see any abusing powers on your end it will change on your role @Dark

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Dark
    Bored

Thanks for the reply! I'm gonna edit my post tomorrow or later tonight and try to update it and make my motivations better.

PS: I mainly know HTML, CSS, and PHP. Sourcemod is the addon persay that runs all the plugins on a TF2 server. Linux is just an OS and it is widely used for hosting many different things.

PPS: Thanks <3 and alright.

5. Doc Holiday Punch
    Question

So, I'm not knowledgeable at all about SourcePawn, but do you know it? Or am I misunderstanding the coding experience to SourceMod? SourcePawn is the language for coding SourceMod plugins, however, I am not 100% familiar with it myself so I do not know exactly if it's needed. HTML CSS and PHP are all important in their own rights (especially HTML in website design), but my biggest concern is your motivation to becoming an admin, other than the fact that you will become an admin.

What exactly do you plan on doing after being an admin? or wanting to change?
    Why will becoming an admin help achieve this goal?

I don't want moderators becoming admins, and that's that. There is not a big difference in-game on the roles of moderator and admin, however, out of game there is. If you have no clear goal in becoming an admin, then I don't think that you should be doing it. Of course, that isn't out of spite, it's out of concern.

Note again this is not a personal attack etc etc.

6. Dark
    Bored

SourcePawn is one of the main languages used to code a SourceMod plugin for a Source game. It a big requirement to learn if you want to code plugins for TF2 or any other source game. I've mainly done website coding in the past but in the next couple days I might start learning SourcePawn because I feel like it would be fun to try and make some TF2 Plugins.

Also I'm editing my post now.

7. Doc Holiday Punch
    Question

Reading over the edits it seems to me that you are mainly wanting to be an admin to help fix server plugins or the website in general, have you tried contacting J Triggs about this more?

8. Dark
    Bored

That wasn't really my plan for a while because I need experience in SourcePawn/SourceMod plugin creation first.

9. Doc Holiday Punch
    Question

Then what is your purpose for becoming admin? That's my question. Like substantial purpose.

10. Dark
    Bored

Edited x2 in the past couple days. Would've replied sooner but my first few days at my new job have made me busy.

11. Dark
    Bored

Bumping my application as I am still interested in it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dark
    Bored

Bumping my Admin Application because I am still interested.

13. Dark
    Bored

Bumping my Admin Application because I am still interested in it.

Live Thread addon by sonnb