Completed/Reviewed Demoting inactive staff.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Mango Puree, Feb 18, 2017.

?

Should we make this a new requirement?

1. Yes, this is a good idea!

29 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. No, let them be!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'll think about it.

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Mango Puree Well-Known Member

Recently, a couple of people who deserve mod have been applying, however there are no open positions for them as there are enough mods for now.

However, some members of staff who haven't been on in quite a while still have the title, which is a waste of a position for a new and more active member of staff.

My proposal is that wing or Princess demote staff who haven't been on in 3-6 months, and make that a requirement that if you have mod or admin, you must be active all the time, and people who haven't played after 3-6 months will be demoted. It'll make room for players who want to become mod or admin.

If a moderator or admin goes inactive, they should at least state why they will in the forums so they can be spared from being kicked. Things such as personal life problems and the like would be acceptable.

I believe in this strongly and any reply from the owners about this topic will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Lance Cocuski Ω Well-Known Member Former Staff

I strongly agree that staff whom have had very long inactive periods, without any notice should be demoted. I look at a moderator position to be just as similar as a job, most specifically, you wouldn't be able to take months off your job without being fired, unless you had a vouched reason, like illness or injury. Now i dont know how many inactive staff there are, and im only saying this for the sense that if the owners had no plans of removing inactive staff, i do now know what they have planned.

3. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Apparently there are 5 inactive staff members including a guy who hasn't been on in a year.

4. luisre1216
    Anime Lover

luisre1216 Well-Known Member

I mean I will think about it but I don't know it seems fair but unfair at the same time.
    Those people worked hard to get to the position mod or admin and if they are offline I understand that if they haven't been online wing or Princess could take away there position mabey they can be taken away of there power for like 2 weeks before they are demoted so they can at least get an appeal.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Mango Puree
    Asshat

But like I said before, theres a guy who hasn't been on for 1 year, it's just silly to not have an open position for a guy to not be online at all. They probably worked hard, but just because you work hard for something doesn't mean you should have it forever if you don't work after you get it.

6. luisre1216
    Anime Lover

luisre1216 Well-Known Member

No but what I'm trying to say is they can be demoted but they have to maybe they'll have to get a certain amount of hours to get or appeal before they get demoted.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Mango Puree
    Asshat

I mean, if someone doesn't play for 3-6 months, they probably won't respond if wing or princess tell them they have 1 week before they get demoted. And it might be forever until they respond.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

(this might just be me being a dumbass I don't know if there is a limit to how many mods/admins there can be)
    The thing is... It's not like they are harming the community by being inactive... to a certain degree I agree with it, if they aren't being helpful and aren't doing their job then yes they should be demoted

Though there aren't a set limit of how many staff there can be. I'm sure that wing, princess, and the tops know who's inactive and who isn't so do they really take the fact that those inactive people are mods so we have enough mods in account? if the servers are plauged with freekillers and if there is still a problem to be solved to where we need more staff then they would look at the upvotes and downvotes and the opinions of the players and staff not how many people there are.

I'm just assuming here so if i'm just a fucking idiot then so be it... but I see no need to do this...

9. DJ Prodigy
    Mellow

DJ Prodigy Well-Known Member JailBreak Mod

this should work but however i can only give action to people breaking rules on us jailbreak and not dallas anymore. which id dont know why i played both dallas and us servers.

10. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Being inactive for months on end isn't doing your job, as you stated. Red told me that there's one guy who has been inactive for 1 year, as I have been repeatedly stating. There's a need to do this as many people want moderator but there aren't any open positions available for them. People such as Lance or Red deserve moderator, as they have shown proffesionalism and the ability to do their job. But they can't because of the people who go inactive. People such as Cheetos who had to be inactive for personal life reasons are an exception, but I think inactive mods should say why their gonna be gone for a couple of months. I'll edit my post to include that people who go inactive should state why on the forums and then be spared.

11. DoctorDingDong
    Pacman

DoctorDingDong Supreme Donger Lord Staff Member JailBreak Admin

12. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Bumping to show that I still want this looked into.

13. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Lance Cocuski Ω Well-Known Member Former Staff

I see 10 votes for yes :eek:

14. festive cardboard
    Psychedelic

festive cardboard Well-Known Member Former Staff

Hard to be active all the time. I've been dealing with personal things lately and that's why I haven't been on much myself.

15. RedTF2
    Cynical

RedTF2 Best Henchman Staff Member JailBreak Admin

I believe mango is talking about staff thats in a range of 3-4 months of inactivity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Even though this would be considered necro-posting, I want this idea to still become reality. Bumping to show my interest in the topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

Bumping because jesus we have inactive mods still and I think Cyan forgot about this but let me remind you of inactive mods with this informative screenshot.
    inactive.jpg
    *COUGH* *COUGH* DO YOUR JOB CARDBOARD *COUGH*

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mango Puree
    Asshat

I asked him if he'll resign ever so I'm waiting for him to answer. Before he said he just doesn't want to go on because he's nervous at going warden and stuff like that, but if he's too nervous to do his job then I also think he should be demoted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Also everyone, the thread's topic as a whole has been dealt with, even though wing said nothing. Cyan is demoting inactive staff, but cardboard has yet to be demoted, which is the current topic at hand.

• LOL LOL x 1
  20. RedTF2
    Cynical

RedTF2 Best Henchman Staff Member JailBreak Admin

I forgot to mention that all staff members are required to have 30 minutes average a month on the servers. It's a quota that should easily be filled unless inactive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Falcon
    Wishful

Bump... Cause I'm more than certain everyone forgot lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  22. SpammKawG
    Educated

SpammKawG Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

*Drops a plate* Oh no.. *Looks at the plate* wait.. *it says Mod* Okay... I will just get a new one

• LOL LOL x 2
  23. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

I may be a idiot on this one but..... Why do that now???

To be honest, Wing is going to do a forum wipe soon, I know this might be "Agreeable", but can't ya wait till we wipe the fourms?

It will get rid of our info and such, But it will take care of the inactive staff members... Just a heads up

24. Falcon
    Wishful

Cause everyone is forgetting Nightly is still afk after he said he would be active. Lol.

25. wing
    Dreaming

wing Administrator Staff Member Owner

We appreciate your suggestions and understand your concerns. We have reviewed and will mark this resolved but it will not be locked. Fell free to add more credible information to this report.

Nightly plays LA Servers which you may not see him within if you play another region. Nightly has multiple days of activity recently. 6/5,5/31,5/30,5/29,5/25,5/23,5/22,5/18.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh x 1
  26. Falcon
    Wishful

I've been on LA and I haven't even seen Nightly play at all. Are you sure those active days weren't just idling? I can say myself I haven't seen Nightly being active and playing on a team, and I've been on LA all of those days to testify myself.

• Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh x 1
  27. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

But your data does not say how much of this time he was actually playing

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

You didnt know?

29. Sexy Sarcastic Senpai ★SSS★
    Horny

Sexy Sarcastic Senpai ★SSS★ I own a sexy latina girl. Staff Member JailBreak Admin Sr. JailBreak Trainer

Lol, Valias obviously I was kidding, but I have forgotten sarcasm does not work so well on the internet in this case.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  30. Kenny Omega
    Festive

Kenny Omega Well-Known Member Former Staff

There's other players I've never even seen that are apparently staff, I think dealing with them first instead of just targeting nightly instantly is a better way to go

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  31. Valias
    Spaced

RIP right there! XD

32. DoctorDingDong
    Pacman

DoctorDingDong Supreme Donger Lord Staff Member JailBreak Admin

I can vouch that I have personally seen Nightly on twice within the last 1-2 weeks and he played for a good bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  33. ♠♣SG Reaper♠♣
    Hot

♠♣SG Reaper♠♣ Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I think this should be implemented, because this would really help open up some positions for some new staff members

• Old Old x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  34. Mango Puree
    Asshat

upload_2017-6-23_20-48-57.png

Nice necroposting my boy.

EDIT: Since no one knows what happened, Cyan demoted inactive staff and was hired to moderate the active times of mods and admins.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.