Good idea?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WBiddy, Nov 5, 2017.

Tags:
?

Good idea

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. WBiddy
    Starving

WBiddy Wanna be survivalists Staff Member JailBreak Mod

(This would be a plugin for JB) I was thinking about a plugin for red which is basically a B-Hop speed up command but you cant as fast s you normally would.

It would be use full for rebelling and if wing or Triggs made it so you don't get too fast it wouldn't be too annoying

2. Arcane
    Jaded

Arcane Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Is there something wrong with the natural movement speed of the players...?

3. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Arthritic

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

A bhop mechanic that speeds you up to 1.5x the speed of the player. Which makes things interesting and fun when rebelling.

4. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 Best Henchman Staff Member JailBreak Admin

I’d rather the Tf2 Zones plug-in (Example: TF2 Zones: A Red Has Entered Armory!) be removed. It’s already hard enough to rebel when blues have crits, and that plug-in makes it harder.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I mostly play blue but I have to agree with that, it's a pain in the ass to rebel as it is, an alert doesn't help, besides the blues should be attentive anyways to what's going on so a rebel shouldn't be a problem, literally all they need is a sniper to bodyshot and it's over...If they have their sniper knowing that someone is coming because of something in chat, then it's just impossible, I'd agree with having tf2 zones removed.

6. Arcane
    Jaded

Arcane Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

A few of those triggers are just a little overzealous too, like minecraft's red entrance in jeopardy going off if you are against the wall

7. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Yes it's annoying

if we were to remove tf2 zones we would have many clear benefits, and to state we (we being a lot of people on discord and on the severs) have been talking about proposing it's removal for a while, I don't know of any current problems being worked on, and of course correct me if i'm wrong. Assuming any higher ups see this, but because there are no real projects going on for the servers I think it would be a good time to start experimenting it's removal. I'll just provide a list of benefits

smaller chance of server failure (not huge, just any plugin removed in general helps)

Better gameplay for the reds (which would just be making it easy to rebel, it's hard enough as it is and it's more fun when every round isn't the same thing of an overpowered blue team controlling everything)

Improved server connectivity (yet again, this goes for any plugin being removed)

Community satisfaction

functionality

another element of idleserver, that draws more players in

https://idleserver.com/threads/fixing-problems-on-jailbreak.3109/live?page=1

(this thread was originally for source coms, but as it is clearly shown even this turned to talk of tf2 zones being removed)

https://idleserver.com/threads/just-some-more-ideas.3062/live?page=1#post-14035

this is a thread I made a long time ago, and I do see a lot of mistakes in it that jtriggs pointed out, however this also led to conversations about tf2 zones which I still stand by to this day

I don't know if there are any others that I missed, but those are the conversations on the forums, we still have quite a few discussions in other places, in chat, discord, and over mic sometimes

I'm sure I've done enough explaining, and it's up to wings and jtriggs if they would like to do some server testing and find this out, I for one don't know anything about plugins or testing, But if a test dummy is needed i'd be happy to volunteer myself, and I'm sure others would as well, But I think one of the notably big plugins in the servers that could be removed for benefit is tf2 zones, and I think it would be good to poll the community about that, but in the end it's up to you guys

8. WBiddy
    Starving

WBiddy Wanna be survivalists Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I just thought it would be a cool concept

Live Thread addon by sonnb