Completed/Reviewed Jetpack.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DJ Prodigy, May 17, 2017.

1. DJ Prodigy
    Mellow

DJ Prodigy Well-Known Member JailBreak Mod

So it has been recent that the jetpacks been shown, well. blues are leaving the warden just to activate it constantly and its really annoying. can we PLEASE make a rule about the jetpack?

• Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 2nd Best Colour on the Spectrum Staff Member JailBreak Admin

It's already in the rules.

3. DJ Prodigy
    Mellow

DJ Prodigy Well-Known Member JailBreak Mod

yet no one does anything?

4. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

IMG_1598.jpg
    It was added a week or two ago. I've been punishing for it way before due to leaving warden without permission.

• Those are fighting words Those are fighting words x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

If they leave without permission is a reason to guard ban alone.

6. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Well the added reason is that jetpack has nothing to do with the main idea of jailbreak in the first place, and therefore should not be done, in addition to leaving warden AND having to press buttons without permission, since every class except scout, soldier and demo would have to start deathrun to break the device.

7. Falcon
    Wishful

Problem with that is that people go to such lengths to get the jetpack that they ask warden to leave, and even ask if they can press buttons so that it was justified, before they made the rule, and they couldn't get guard banned. But some people weren't even slick and just pressed the button without permission. Which was dumb.

• You dont say You dont say x 1
  8. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Arthritic

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

I've seen Syn do it and he said that its "ok" since Valias said yes.

9. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

A lot of people seemed misinformed due to staff being incorrect. I know @Felix has done this as well by stating that hide and seek is bad luck day as a whole. I don't mean to sound like a suck up or rule nazi, but I suggest that @JailBreak Moderators and Admins re-read the rules once a month, as higher ups have stated.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Mango Puree Well-Known Member

Nah, not a week or two ago, I feel like I saw it when I first joined IdleServer.

11. Falcon
    Wishful

I can verify myself it was added recently. Trust me on my word.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BLiNX THE TiME SWEEPER
    Feminine

BLiNX THE TiME SWEEPER Active Member Former Staff

Before using the Jetpack was just a known thing not to do. I did read the rules before hand and the jetpack rule was recently added. Although I agree with Red and all staff should keep up to date with the rules at east once a week. So they know what is and isn't allowed. Along side, it was not okay really to do in the first place. Since you needed to leave warden, and turn on a game. Unless you asked permission to leave warden and turn on the games. Those are two rules you're breaking alone. Along side, it provides a unnecessary game play advantage to other players. (knowing guards have both guns and full crits).

I would have to say, any staff who is caught allowing this, should be warned and users using the jetpack. To be slayed on the first offense. Then kicked if they keep doing it.

13. Falcon
    Wishful

Even tho you argued in the first place about it being fine saying there's no rule about it, and it's fine as long as they get permission and are permitted to press buttons, but sure I agree with ya.

14. BLiNX THE TiME SWEEPER
    Feminine

Before the rule was added, I stated there was no rule on it at all. And as long as they had permission to start the game and leave warden. There wasn't any rules they were breaking. (That is before this rule is added) At this point, it is breaking the rules.

15. Falcon
    Wishful

Now buddy. Why would you say it's fine as long as they get permission when you directly say this, boi.png

16. BLiNX THE TiME SWEEPER
    Feminine

BOi

Okay, let me rephrase myself. It was thought that it was not allowed. Although after looking through the rules (before it's current add on) there was no rule stating it. Players just blindly thought it was not allowed, it became some kinda golden rule that wasn't even a rule untill now.

• Deal with it Deal with it x 1
  17. Kenny Omega
    Festive

Kenny Omega Well-Known Member Former Staff

I've only slayed people for having or trying to get the jetpack considering it was a new rule, I honestly had no idea you needed to hit buttons in order to get it. I'll probably start guard banning players considering the multiple rules you need to break in order to get it and since it's a week/two old.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Okay okay settle down.... Listen this is what i got to say to you people:
    I dont know when it was added or just there... To be honest
    Yeah i kinda did say "Yes" in front of him, But i was to tired and i couldn't think... So ill take the credit on that one ( It was one night when he said that to me, But i don't remember when he said that, But i remember the questions he asked while i was "Not myself that one day"

First of all, Your incorrect... Its Once a month for the Users and twice of month for the staff members.
    (Now everyone makes mistakes...)
    Now i re-read the rules again....
    Second of all,I have a monthly schedule to "Read the rules... and or "Re-read the rules." "

Again as the first one, i dont knwo when it was added at the beginning or just recent But its there to be honest
    I dont know i am not anyone sides, But it constantly changes though

True on what he said about reading the rules aka what i said before, But i never ever seen anyone use it in a long long time, So that maybe why i was puzzled (My Comment i guess)

Not worth it.....

I guess?????

To be honest i do not know what to say here.

This is all i got to say here.... But i do apologize about that... Sometimes i am not myself when i am tired, stress, or whatnot....

• Deal with it Deal with it x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  19. Falcon
    Wishful

Worth. I'm not the one who said it was ok to get the jet pack so I lose nothing.

20. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Fair point, But i never ever seen anyone use the jetpack, I havent even tried it, thats one of the other reasons...

Q: Do i even want to know what it does???
    A: No, I don't.

21. Falcon
    Wishful

I'll tell ya its a hayride once a person gets it just flying thru the sky. Eye witness testimony for ya. ;)

Jesus I said rayhide I meant hayride...

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Got anymore info? Got anymore info? x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  22. ☭Syn☭
    Educated

☭Syn☭ Active Member

I once used it and then told a bunch of people how to use it and it spread like fire. A lot of times people have to leave warden to get it and once you get it you just fly so fast and it is unfair for rebels.

• LOL LOL x 1
  23. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Arthritic

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

I remembered someone (lets call him WEW) used jetpack on melee only, he left the warden then head on to get the jetpack.

While the warden was doing some activity, I managed to get away and grab some ammo.. The warden got killed and "Spaghetti 'n Meatballs" became warden, so I headed to the activity that they last played and manage to kill Spaghetti. Then "WEW" was the last guard, He never killed anyone because he is having fun with his "Jetpack". But I managed the kill him when he was in the ground with my flame thrower (I was a pyro). Thats my experience killing peeps with jetpacks lol.

• much confused doge much confused doge x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  24. WBiddy
    Starving

WBiddy Wanna be survivalists Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Why is this a thread it really shouldn't be. @DJ Prodigy should have read the rules better everything that was needed to be stated was stated. ( I wish I could close threads that would be cool)

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Aegeus Dusk
    Mind-Blowing

Aegeus Dusk Well-Known Member

Even then DJ was getting his ass torn off by other players because they claimed he was admin abusing. How would you feel if you felt you were unappreciated for doing something you thought was right?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • much confused doge much confused doge x 1
  26. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

This thread has nothing to do with DJ abusing? Biddy had just stated that if DJ read the rules before hand, this thread wouldn't be needed or exist.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Aegeus Dusk
    Mind-Blowing

He used to tell me about that. He read the rules but most of the time, he would make up something like "spamming the pan will get you slain"

• much confused doge much confused doge x 2
    • Seriously Seriously x 1
  28. WBiddy
    Starving

WBiddy Wanna be survivalists Staff Member JailBreak Mod

What?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

But what does that have to do with the thread at hand?

30. Aegeus Dusk
    Mind-Blowing

Note the part where I said "even then" he was overwhelmed with players more than rules. But nvm that continue

• much confused doge much confused doge x 2
  31. Falcon
    Wishful

Answer the question. What does DJ abusing having anything to do with him reading the rules about the jet pack?

32. Aegeus Dusk
    Mind-Blowing

I was adding to it on why he probably was

33. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

Thread has been resolved, please refrain from commenting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  34. wing
    Dreaming

wing Administrator Staff Member Owner

@J Triggs Was this rule modified recently?

All, I have added a zone to block jetpacks. Let me know if this is still a problem. (maps probably still need to change for players to see this change)

• Like Like x 1
    • Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh x 1
  35. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Officially, yes, unofficially, no.

Live Thread addon by sonnb