Meep Jailbreak Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Meep, May 5, 2018.

1. Meep
    Wishful

Meep Can't Stop

I was banned from IdleServer.Com JailBreak for: Mic spamming

What server? What time?: Dallas #1

What is your Steam ID?: [U:1:237977937]

Why do you feel you should be unbanned?: I didn't mic spam

What are you appealing?: The ban

Additional information?: I made a 1 second long noise and it did not hinder the round, it was also at round change. There were 2 other mods on at the time who didn't seem to mind at all and I know that other people get away with worse things than I did or get less severely punished (3-day ban for mic spam is pretty extreme)

2. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 2nd Best Colour on the Spectrum Staff Member JailBreak Admin

I am the one who set this ban. To confirm it was Meep before the ban, I recorded the mic spam. This can be found here:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbugtjN4sLg&feature=youtu.be

In video.

I had warned you 3 days before not to mic spam after I caught you doing it. I gave you a mute then and warned you saying if you did it again, I would make it much more severe. Apparently, my warning had no effect on your actions, hence why you received a 3 day ban. I am aware of how long you have played on these servers, and I know you know the rules. You know not to mic spam. Yet you do not heed my warning telling you not to.

Put it this way. Someone joins idleserver for the first time, or really anyone is on. They hear you mic spam. Three things that could happen are:

1) They see no mod/admin is taking action, so they think it's okay to do little bursts of mic spamming.

2) They leave and never come back.

3) They don't care.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have the first 2.

I will not be lifting the ban. If someone else would like to, I would like to hear the reasoning behind it.

• Those are fighting words Those are fighting words x 1
  3. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Lying about your "Mic spam" will not get you away from it...
    Lying is more of a distrust and possibly no one will believe you

This is what you get for lying, and you need to accept the punishment

4. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Though it's already technically been resolved mic-spam doesn't have to last 10 seconds for you to be muted, so much as yelling over the microphone as loud as you can, can get you muted for 10-30 minutes depending on who is muting you, on a single occasion

Lying about anything is plain stupidity, a mute lasts less than an hour typically, there is no reason to appeal it, besides no reason to lie about it, even though I understand you were muted for longer, you were given a warning, which most users don't even have the privellage of recieving, instead of doing anything productive you're just making yourself look like a fool in front of the entire community, and making yourself untrustworthy in further appeals, bans, reports, and even your comments on a moderator application

you have to watch everything you do because all of this shit links up to one another, you one day might try to apply for moderator and things like this will be brought up again, the best thing you can do is appologize and leave this all be, instead of making a reply like you might and furthering your problems

obviously I don't even have to say it but this appeal doesn't have my support, or anyone elses since there is clear proof that you lied on your appeal, and if you honestly didn't know that you could be muted for something like that, you need to look over the rules before making an appeal anyways

Live Thread addon by sonnb