Plugins Wierd and problably dumb idea.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lance Cocuski Ω, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Lance Cocuski Ω Well-Known Member Former Staff

How about we rework the autoban system for mass free-killing to instead force guardban players for a set amount of time? It would be easier for staff to manage too i am sure, in cases where someone is falsely banned the ban would be much easier to lift. Staff wouldn't be forced off servers either so they would be able to moderate too still.

The plugin would detect players as usual, strip them of weapons etc. Then guard ban them right away, which in turn slays them and forces them to Red team. There could be a client side notice that would say "[Anti-Freekill] You where marked as a freekiller for killing too many reds at once. You have been banned from blue team for x minutes.]

The ban would still be an hour long, and it would still allow players to play on our servers.

Maybe we could discuss this further and piece the idea together more?

2. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Mango Puree Well-Known Member

I mean an hour seems kind of soft on freekillers so this is a good idea but I suggest we extend the amount of time on the guard ban. What I thought of was that it extends the amount of time by 30 minutes each time you were void marked but you know, that's easier said then done. I don't think the plugin is in wings control though.

3. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Lance Cocuski Ω Well-Known Member Former Staff

I could see that happening, i don't have an issue with it either since it could be moderated. I only mentioned an hour ban since that's the usual for the auto ban in effect already.

4. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

To make this simple, I've made this exact same thread and the exact same idea about a year ago when I first started playing I believe, I'll link the thread now so you can get a general idea of what's going on
    https://idleserver.com/threads/freekilling-timer.2110/live

Oh, and mango made his post about it then went to my post and said I copied... But mine was first manger

but overall I was told by a lot of the community that there are more important things to work on, and even a year later I agree on that, But I do think eventually it should be gotten around to.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb