Bring back glad day and meatgrinder

Discussion in 'TF2 JailBreak' started by FiregearsX, Feb 11, 2019.

1. FiregearsX
    Malnourished

FiregearsX Active Member

The recently added rule under banned activities (11.Gladiator Day / Meat Grinder - Due to abuse and excessive repetition, allowed only after multiple mass rebellions.) has already severely affected the amount of people joining the servers. I understand that the activities are played a lot but completely banning it, and only allowing it to be played after “multiple” rebellions just doesn’t seem right. Two reasons being that it’s not clearly stated just how many rebellions is considered “multiple” to even allow it to played and the fact that people enjoy playing and restriction it so harshly has already proven to bring the servers player base down severely. I encourage the admin(s) to allow glad day, and meatgrinder back. Also regarding meatgrinder, how is playing hunger games any different from each other? Other than the fact the reds have a larger area to kill one another? I may not be staff but even I can see that this decision has already damaged the amount of people wanting to join idle server jailbreak

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Those are fighting words Those are fighting words x 1
  2. KyptoKlutz
    Uninvolved

KyptoKlutz Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I disagree with the fact that this has affected idleserver jailbreak. I doubt that it has because 90% of the people on idle probably don't even know that its banned. Could you address how its affected people who join? Cuz I see no difference. Hunger games is different because you have a better chance of winning and it's not played as often.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. FiregearsX
    Malnourished

FiregearsX Active Member

Well so far more and more people are becoming aware that it’s banned and while I was playing on just recently people started leaving to play and black wonder and wonderland because they actually allow glad day and meatgrinder. I don’t see why restricting it so much will benefit the servers overall

4. FiregearsX
    Malnourished

FiregearsX Active Member

And like I stated, in the rules it says it’s only allowed after “multiple” rebellions and not clearly stating what’s considered “multiple”

5. KyptoKlutz
    Uninvolved

What if the exception was (Playable as a 2nd minigame or as Last Request)

6. KyptoKlutz
    Uninvolved

2 or more? I would assume

7. FiregearsX
    Malnourished

FiregearsX Active Member

If anything the restriction needs to be changed to allow glad day and meat grinder to be played, but a certain amount of time. That way it can still be played and not be so harshly restricted

8. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

I would say Just banned it only for exemption (Last Requests only) least put some restrictions on it and let have some fun

• Potential Potential x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Feminine Bill Nye
    Feminine

Feminine Bill Nye Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I also agree that these games should be brought back, the points made in the rule "abuse and excessive repetition" are valid points but, I believe there is a way to go around this without having the games be banned all together. I suggest there be a rule stating that they can only be played with a staff member present or/and with there permission to end the abuse and to have it be a Custom LR only (like others have stated) to have it not be so repetitive.

EDIT: I would suggest copying the requirements of the rule for Hold Down the Fort ("18. Hold down the fort - Allowed with administrative permission, and chosen via Custom LR.").

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. FiregearsX
    Malnourished

FiregearsX Active Member

I think that would definitely help the abuse of repeating the game over and over

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Got anymore info? Got anymore info? x 1
  11. Feminine Bill Nye
    Feminine

Feminine Bill Nye Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Bumping this post.

12. The God of Obby Himself
    No Mood

The God of Obby Himself Active Member

Didn't know this at all for a while until I started playing again, if we need to ban it from warden's permission I feel like copying HDTF's requirements over is an acceptable substitute

13. HerpDerp
    Amused

HerpDerp One Poster

I don't know how hard it would be to implement but maybe have a way to have the reds vote after the warden asks, for example on the warden's menu have a 4th option that says "cast vote for glad day", and then it would send a vote to the red team about saying yes or no to glad day that day, and then put a restriction on how many times per map like "freeday self lr".

14. Ghastol
    Holy Shit

Ghastol Active Member

I agree this should be brought back because I think it would be easier to wipe reds to make something for teams even it could make rounds go way faster just my opinion though.. It could be done as a custom LR also if you don't want to add it back entirely.

15. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

This is partly why it was removed.

16. gamer
    Alone

gamer Well-Known Member

upload_2019-2-26_10-4-34.jpeg gl, this post might as well be deleted

17. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Admin

You know that post was made after this thread was made, right?

18. gamer
    Alone

gamer Well-Known Member

Yea? I’m just saying that this really has no purpose cus j triggs doesn’t bother with meat grinder or glad day

• TL;DR TL;DR x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb