Congrats Greasy

Discussion in 'General' started by Starlight, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Starlight
    Cheerful

Starlight Well-Known Member

• much confused doge much confused doge x 2
  2. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member JailBreak Mod

One of those no app become mod because someone likes you? Great.....

• much confused doge much confused doge x 1
    • Crybaby Crybaby x 1
  3. Feminine Bill Nye
    Feminine

Feminine Bill Nye Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

What? @Starlight is this supposed to be in Dont Taze Me Bro because there is no evidence at all showing that's true lol. Cite your sources!

• You dont say You dont say x 1
  4. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 regnam Staff Member JailBreak Admin

99B60540-606D-4E07-9C60-ADD0D4324337.png
    He’s banning people, there’s your proof. :)

• Cheers to you good sir Cheers to you good sir x 1
  5. GreasyWombat

GreasyWombat Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

That ironstar guy was my very first. Made me so proud

6. Arcane
    Jaded

Arcane Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Just so you know for a player avoiding being required to play as warden that round you can just put 'uw' as the reason and it is still understood.

7. GreasyWombat

GreasyWombat Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Ok thanks

8. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

9. Optimist
    Uninvolved

Optimist Well-Known Member

Oh cool, congratulations then.

10. KyptoKlutz
    Uninvolved

KyptoKlutz Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Some people are hating on the fact that he didnt make a mod app. I'm actually glad he got mod because he rarely breaks rules and always enforces them. Once he gets those commands down, he's going to do great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member JailBreak Mod

I just want to make it clear I have no ill will towards Greasy himself, i'm sure he'll go great. I just personally disagree with the concept of people getting staff without making apps. That's a personal thing, that's on me.

• Crybaby Crybaby x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Arcane
    Jaded

I look at it more as I would most mundane tasks, if the seniority sees a lack in the work force you look at the volunteers, if none of the volunteers at that moment are considered suitable you find a satisfactory candidate and make them a voluntold.
    That's just my military experience opinion though haha

• Like Like x 1
  13. Starlight
    Cheerful

14. nip nop

nip nop Can't Stop

i honestly hardly care but im just saying that if someone got mod without even applying then theres an obvious bias here

• Crybaby Crybaby x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Feminine Bill Nye
    Feminine

I third that thought, I will also add its very unfair to the people who do make mod apps and have the support of other players and they get put aside. They did everything they were supposed to do and the person who didn't apply gets the better outcome? It's just plainly wrong and very obviously biased.

16. Optimist
    Uninvolved

Optimist Well-Known Member

I fourth this, it shouldn’t happen.

17. Arcane
    Jaded

It's far more an appointed duty than a democratic seat.
    I think it's more important to use both methods as necessary than to avoid one over the other.

I didn't apply myself because I think I'm a shit mod as I have a limited perspective and don't want to punish anyone without figuring out exactly what happened. Since I don't record and play in the rounds myself I'm sure I've done things that weren't ideal in my own opinion, because of that limited perspective.

That's just my personal reason as to why an application wasn't made.
    I don't see why you'd discredit someone that's part of a team that works to better the community solely because they didn't ask to be part of that team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Starlight
    Cheerful

Arcane may be biased, but his response is thought out regardless so I second his thought and greasy is doing very well so far now for other mods I can't say

19. Feminine Bill Nye
    Feminine

We aren't discrediting the people who are being added in that way, most of the time they do a great job as a staff member but, its not at all fair to the people who do ask and are shoved aside, whats the point of making an application at that point? Another point to make, is applications are a great way to get multiple users to express there encounters with the applicant, just a hypothetical example lets say a staff member thinks the applicant would be a great staff member and supports the applicant but then other users say when no staff is on they break the rules. By having multiple opinions and encounters expressed it eliminates the bias for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. THE bat hoovy
    Unlucky

THE bat hoovy Active Member

congragulateions greasy

21. nip nop

nip nop Can't Stop

"hmmmm yeah idk this guy is probably wrong but his answer was pretty long so hes gotta know what hes talking about right? i should agree with him right?"

22. Peak
    Whistles

Peak Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

PREACH brothers and sisters! Go fight the good fight, voice your opinions, be the generation of change!

• Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb