Recommended Rule Changes 2

Discussion in 'TF2 JailBreak' started by J Triggs, Feb 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Many, many, many of you have requested various changes to the rules.
    Well here, an official place to put your suggestions:

Format:
    (Changes and Removals):
    Code:
    1. Rule to change (ex. Guards #1, Warden #15):
    2. Example to change it to (if you want it removed, just put removed):
    3. Why do you want this rule changed: 
    (Additions):
    Code:
    1. Section to add to (ex. Guards, Reds):
    2. What is your recommended addition:
    3. Why do you want this rule added: 
    Information:
    1. Changes will not be applied until after I close this thread.
    2. Any posts in this thread that are not requesting rule changes, or quoting another users request to give it CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, will be removed.
    3. If you have multiple rule change requests, put them in a single post, each with it's own format piece, edit your post as needed.
    4. Responses should be perfectly legible, I shouldn't have to learn a new slang to read your post, it will be removed.
    5. Do not post with something like +support or -support, if you want to show support, give it an agree rating, if you want to show disagreement, give it a disagree rating.
    6. I do not want to read any requests to change the new rules surrounding 'Glad day' or 'Meat Grinder'.
    7. Other staff members have my full permission to remove posts that go against these informational rules for this thread.​

• Like Like x 3
    • Those are fighting words Those are fighting words x 2
  2. gamer
    Suicidal

gamer Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. daily
    Amused

daily Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

1. Change to Guard rule #22 (Only TF2 related questions allowed during trivia/jeopardy)
    2. Trivia/jeopardy questions must be related to Valve games. (Left 4 Dead, Portal, TF2, ect.)
    3. Being restricted to TF2 related questions gets boring after a while, I just thought it'd be a fun change.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Peak
    Whistles

Peak Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

1. Rule #6
    2. Remove
    3. Just takes more time/delay for wardens to smoothly transition into the 'game' part of the round. If warden wants reds to first be inside their cells or the yellow line, they can do that, but should not be required. Not being restricted to rule #6 makes games including hunger games, hide & seek, or manhunt much easier to control for both blues and reds as blues are already in armory and not scattered, and reds can potentially have more time to do whatever they have to do. Although rule #6 can be fulfilled with a short sentence, the requirement of it has gotten many unsuspecting wardens banned and is a general hassle to consider for more experienced players and staff.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Potential Potential x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. THE bat hoovy
    Unlucky

THE bat hoovy Active Member

1. Banned items 18:Your eternal reward (auto disguise)|
    2. Removed
    3. You can't talk on red even if you killed a blu and disguise as him and it's still easy to tell if they're a red or not, and it's fun if it is back.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Ryuji
    Yeehaw

Ryuji Member

1. Guards 14
    2. I want the addition of "regardless of whether or not said Red picked up ammo during LGR" at the end of the rule
    3. Mainly to rid confusion and have it clearly set in stone

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. KyptoKlutz
    Relaxed

KyptoKlutz Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

1. Warden Rule 5. "You are not allowed to restrict prisoner models (these are orange jumpsuit models) on the red team."
    2. Remove
    3. The command !prisonmodel doesn't work so I see no purpose to this rule.
    unless you want to consider skeleton or robot a "jumpsuit model"

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. DoctorDingDong
    Pacman

DoctorDingDong Supreme Donger Lord Staff Member JailBreak Admin

1. Addition to Warden rules.
    2. During Hide N' Seek Reds must be given at least one minute to hide.
    3. This was suggested by Gamer a few months back (link) and received pretty good support, but it never went anywhere. With most maps 1 minute provides Reds with a good amount of time to find a spot they feel comfortable with. The main problem is that some Wardens give 20-30 seconds of hiding time which causes the majority of Reds to have a bad experience when playing Hide N' Seek and prevents original spots from being used. Additionally, on bigger maps it's nearly impossible to find a spot in that amount of time. The way this rule is worded would allow Wardens to give more time if they wanted to, as the rule only sets a minimum.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Lunar

Lunar Well-Known Member

1. Last requests and activities #5
    2. Removed
    3. I want this removed considering the fact that the new rule were you need a certain amount of mass rebellion in a map to do that game contradicts the rule.

1. Banned activities #8
    2. Removed
    3. Basically the same thing as hold down the fort and it wouldn’t make sense to add war day.

1. A new section of the rule page. Special conditions activities
    2. Addition
    3. I feel like there should be a section for like the activities the require a special conditions like Hold down the fort, Glad day/Meat grinder, etc. it would make sense to add this section because of the amount of activists that require a special condition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KyptoKlutz
    Relaxed

KyptoKlutz Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

1. Warden rule 7
    Second order supersedes the first order, examples:
    a. “Out of cell rebel, all reds go to the yellow line”, reds will go to the yellow line.
    b. “Reds go to the yellow line, out of cell rebel”, reds will stay in their cells.
    c. Exception: Toggles, “Out of cell rebel is now active”, “Out of cell rebel is now inactive”.
    i. You will not toggle on more than one day at a time.
    ii. Toggles can be any phrasing that implies the order is meant to last through out the day.

2. Addition
    a. “Out of cell rebel (day), all reds go to the yellow line”, reds will go to the yellow line.
    "b. “Reds go to the yellow line, out of cell rebel (day)”, reds will stay in their cells.

3. This is one of those misinterpreted rules like the ruling on healing being afk or not. When a warden has said "out of cell rebel day"
    we have never considered this toggled and have superseded the order before, I think we should add day to the rules because it would help clear up some slight confusion.

11. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Rules have been updated.

I'll confer with some staff members when I get a chance.
    If and when I get around to disabling disguise I'll unban the eternal reward.

Live Thread addon by sonnb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.